Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lake Powell Part Two

We just got back from our last trip to Powell for the year and it was a lot of fun! I was super stressed to leave Ella behind as I had never been without her for entire night. Surprisingly Jarre and I did really well and enjoyed our time together IMMENSELY! It was so nice to just relax, and not have a care in the world, it was a weird feeling but we both desperately needed it. I think Ella had a good time at Grandma and Grandpa's because she did really well while we were gone from what I heard so I feel better about leaving her in the future.
We just had a small group this year which was sad because I missed the usual gang but I got to just relax which was so nice too. We did a lot of extreme tubing, and if you know me at all you know it's on the top of my favorite's list. I could ride on the tube forever!! We are always ripping and replacing our tubes, I wonder why??




















OK so I realize this is a total crotch shot, ha ha but we all thought it was pretty funny so I'd thought I'd share.









My whole body is still recovering from our extreme tubing but it was well worth it, I had so much fun!






On Friday we decided to take a boating trip to rainbow bridge, It was fun to see because I haven't seen it in a long time. There were signs everywhere saying NO DOGS! We ran into the Ranger and he caved and let us take Maggie up the trail but said we were lucky because Maggie was the only dog he let by all summer, he had turned down 20 dogs in that week alone. Jarrett told him that Maggie is more of a person than a dog which is totally true.



Our lovely houseboat. It's totally a piece, but much better than camping on the sand!













This is Jordon cliff jumping. He got his mission call and today we found out that he will be going to Kennewick Washington on October 27Th and we are so excited for him. I told him all trip that he can't leave before Ella's birthday I really didn't want him to miss it and he's seriously leaving the day before!!! Ha ha oh well. I'll seriously miss him so much 2 years just seems like so long, Ella will be 3 when he gets back which is so crazy to me.




Peace out Lake powell, until next year!!















3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I'm so sorry we couldn't come! I was sad we couldn't and the situation why we couldn't I wish I could've of changed to. I'm glad you guys had fun! There's always next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I love that pic of you! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tubbing pics! Your guys must have been going sooo fast to get that much air! BTW: Ella is the cutest baby ever!!!

    ReplyDelete