Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Baby food

So I make my own baby food. When most people hear this they either think I'm majorly talented or have a lot of time on my hands, neither is true. Baby food is SO easy to make, so much cheaper, and best of all no artificial ingredients, I'm surprised more people don't do it. So I decided to post some instructions on what I do because a lot of people have been asking me lately. The jars you buy at the store are still good if you're out and about I use the food I make at home mostly.


You can use any fruits or veggies, the best are fresh or frozen but you can use canned. Firstly you'll need to boil your fruits or veggies until soft and mushy. You'll need a baby grinder or processor that grinds the baby food up to a puree consistency.

Grind your baby food up and put them into ice cube trays covered with saran wrap and freeze them for at least an hour. Take them out and put them into labeled Ziploc bags so that you don't get what you have mixed up.



You can defrost these a few different ways by putting it in the fridge overnight, leaving it out on the table for an hour or so or putting it in the microwave for 30 seconds, I usually do the microwave.
And there you have it, so simple. I told you I wasn't talented. I usually make large batches of baby food at a time so I have a good stock and variety, and best of all Ella loves it. I hope this helps some of you with little ones!

1 comment: