Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thanksgiving in bed

So as many of you know i've been really careful about taking Ella outside because of all the sickness going around, it seems like everyone is getting sick this time of year. Thanksgiving week I decided to brave it and go run a few erands, BAD IDEA!!! The next day I woke up with the worst stomach cramps i've had in a long time. At first I thought it must be food poisioning, I just couldn't be sick, there was just no way that one day of being in the germ infested world outside my house could have done it. WRONG!!! It ended up being the stomach flu and boy was it intense!! It was the day before Thanksgiving and I was just hoping that I would be well enough to enjoy turkey in Delta the next day, yeah it didn't happen, I ended up just moping in bed all day. Jarrett decided he would try and make the best of having to stay home with me by going to the grocery store while I was sleeping and suprise me with a thanksgiving dinner cooked by him, sweet huh? Well I guess he didn't realize how sick I really was because when I walked out of our room into the smell it just made me run the bathroom!! The next day was a lot better and eventually I was able to eat again, luckily it only lasted for 3 days. The best news was that both Jarrett and Ella were safe from the flu!

On a happier note, for all of you that like to cook and are looking for something new you need to try these Pumpkin Waffles! Yumm they are so so good. They are on this blog http://mymuffinthursdays.blogspot.com/ . Linda introduced me to it and she has so many easy recipies that are so good. It also has homemade syrup that we LOVED that goes on top, it's fun and different for the season.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better!! Being sick during the holidays is the worst - especially when you have a cute new baby!

    ps. I'm so glad you are blogging now!

    ReplyDelete